Enschede – Netherlands, Fulltime
Fortes is on the eve of rapid growth. With innovation, passion and new technology, we are helping organizations to become more agile. We are doing this with our software solution Fortes Change Cloud. Do you find it challenging to further develop our software as a web application developer? Then we are looking for you!
What will you be doing?
- Building an advanced cloud application, together with your teammates
- Provide input for the development of new functional concepts and the product roadmap
- As the technical “owner” of parts within the application, you realize the architecture together with your team and further develop it
- In close collaboration with your colleagues in a multidisciplinary team of developers, testers and operators, you ensure that customer requirements match the functionality of the software
More about you
Despite the growth of users and functionalities of our software, you are able to keep our application smooth and responsive. In addition, you are perfectly capable of quickly building up the necessary domain knowledge and mastering new technologies. Enthusiasm, stubbornness and drive are qualities that suit you.
You are bringing:
- A completed HBO / WO education in Computer Science or a comparable technical education
- Experience in writing well-structured and robust code (including unit tests), with the aim of ‘painless’ deployments through our DevOps pipeline
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in building web applications
- Preferably also experience with Express.js, React, Backbone, RabbitMQ, Docker, SQL and MongoDB
- Knowledge of build tools such as Webpack, Babel, Grunt and test frameworks such as Jasmin or Mocha
- Team spirit: you like to work in a team
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum work environment
- Ambition to play an important role in a team of experienced developers
- Passion for new technology
What do we offer?
- Working in a team of passionate colleagues who enjoy working on the development of Fortes Change Cloud every day
- Plenty of room to work the way you want
- Innovation: you work with the latest technology every day
- Contributing to the worldwide release of our tool
- Table tennis tournaments with your fanatic colleagues (with the motto: participating is more important than winning)
- An excellent salary with associated benefits
But more importantly: you get the chance to develop and to leave your mark on a young and ambitious company!
Who are we?
Founded in 1997, Fortes Solutions has been allowing organizations to get more returns from their (change) projects, programs and portfolios for 20 years. Worldwide, more than 100,000 people use our software solution Fortes Change Cloud.
Fortes Change Cloud is a scalable, web-based solution that enables organizations to collaborate more effectively and to professionally manage projects, programs and portfolios based on Best Practices such as (scaled) Agile, PM and PRINCE2®. With this we optimally support organizations with their innovation and change ambitions.
What characterizes Fortes? A lot: open culture, approachability, bearing your own responsibility, helpfulness and a sense of team spirit.
The most important points at a glance:
- An inspiring working environment in which entrepreneurship and own initiative are greatly appreciated
- Plenty of room for personal development
- The opportunity to grow into a senior developer or team lead
- Satisfaction to actually influence the course and success of the company
- Working at a fast-growing, innovative, ambitious and internationally oriented company with wonderful, prominent customers
- An excellent benefits package
- The branch in Enschede is your home base
Have you become enthusiastic? Reply!
Do you see yourself as our new colleague? Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘web application developer’. Do you have some questions first? Please feel free to contact Niels Voskamp (Development Lead) via email@example.com or 033 45 70 027.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated and makes no sense.